* * Saint Helen's Church Low Fell * *
*   *
*
* * *
Outside the ChurchMother and baby pictureVicar and Flowers *
*
* * *
Welcome to our Church *

ORGAN FUND

St Helen's Church Organ

  The organ was built and installed by Henry (Father) Willis in 1876. It predates the more famous organ at St George's Gateshead which was built in 1901
  Organ Console For more information on the organ please scroll down this page

THE ORGAN - Father Willis installed 1876 [model No. 12] NPO Register Ref. No4207

Pedal

1 Open Diapason 16
2 Bourdon 16
3 Cello 8

Great

4 Contra Gamba 16
5 Open Diapason 8
6 Claribel Flute 8
7 Dulciana 8
8 Viol d’Amour 8
9 Principal 4
10 Harmonic Flute 4
11 Fifteenth 2
12 Sesquialtera 17,19,22
13 Trumpet 8
14 Corno di Bassetto 8

Swell

15 Lieblich Bourdon 16
16 Open Diapason 8
17 Lieblich Gedact 8
18 Salicional 8
19 Vox Angelica 8
20 Gemshorn 4
21 Piccolo 2
22 Cornopean 8
23 Hautboy 8
24 Tremulant

Three Piston to Gt. Three pistons to Sw. Duplicated as toe pistons

Balanced swell pedal

Couplers

Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Swell Octave
Swell Sub-Octave
Swell Octave to Great
Swell Sub-Octave to Great

The organ is situated in a chamber on the north side of the chancel, speaking straight across the choir. There is no opening to the west to allow more sound into the building.

Originally winded by hydraulic power, it was later electrically blown, a new blower being fitted in 1934.

The organ was rebuilt in 1949 by Vincent of Sunderland, electric action installed
together with a new console and stop tabs.
The secondary trackers were left in place and are still in use.

Picturestaken inside the organ are available by clicking here

More detailed information is available by clicking here

*
*
*
   To subscribe to our Parish Magazine, type your email address and press go:
*
* *
Web Hosting Newcastle
ne-web ltd